Welcome to Action Accountant! For new clients – we’ve made the onboarding process as easy as possible for you:
Welcome to Action Accountant!
We are delighted that you have decided to join us!
Now begins a flurry of form filling! Sorry about that! We have made the process as simple as possible for your ease!
Our accountants have to collect all sorts of data about you in order to to set you up in our systems, put the appropriate authorities in place and get access to your records.
We have made available a series of forms that you can work through at your leisure in order to provide this information to us.
Don’t forget to bookmark this page if you don’t have time to complete all the forms now. That way you can easily comeback to complete them at your convenience.
1. Signed Proposal
You have signed your proposal. Fantastic! Save a copy somewhere safe for future reference!
- Terms and Conditions
- Fair Usage Policy
2. Forms and Authorities
Please be sure to enter your company name in the same format in each form – this is the master field linking all of your data!
- New Client Data Form – data collection to set you up in our records
- Your Partner/Co-Director Form – to set your business partner up in our records
- HMRC Reference Numbers – allowing us to access your tax records and talk to HMRC on your behalf
- AML Authority Form – authorising us to run AML (Anti Money Laundering) checks
- Companies House Authority – authorising us to submit returns and accounts to Companies House on your behalf
- Existing Accountant Form – authorising us to request your accounting records from your old accountant. This is our ‘professional clearance’.
3. Set up your Direct Debit
Please be sure to use the email address that you wish our invoices to be sent to. This links your invoice to your direct debit.
Yes please! Let’s set this Direct Debit up NOW!
4. Book Your Onboarding Session
Please click on the link to my calendar to book a 60-minute onboarding call at a time that suits you.
New to Xero?
We have created this simple printable checklist to help you collate the data we need to get your Xero account set up.
- To Do List – Data Requirements – documents, files and records
Already have a Xero account?
Fabulous!! Go ahead and invite us in!
- Settings >> General Settings >> Users >> Invite A User
Please set us up with Adviser access + Manage Users + Payroll Admin + Contact Bank Admin
If we are going to share files with Dropbox, we will send you a link to a shared Dropbox folder with the following naming convention so we can distinguish your folder from our other clients.
- [Your Business name]_ActionAccount
We have created this simple printable checklist to help you manage the files and documents we need to get started with your accounts.
- To Do List – Document Requirements – documents, authorities, passwords and permissions
If you have called your accounts folder ‘Accounts’ – please don’t share that with us! Just move it into our shared folder once we have invited you to it. We have a Dropbox for Business account so you will benefit from the file and version recovery feature that does not come as standard in a personal Dropbox account.
Helpful Tip - Filing Convention for Naming Documents
- When you name documents to save to Dropbox, we would recommend using the date as the prefix in the file name – ie yyyymmmdd and always name the file clearly, so the file is literally what it says on the tin.
- Use the date format backwards – ie yyyymmmdd NOT ddmmyyyy so that your files/letters etc are all stored in chronological order. Then when you go looking for information, you can see what happened and the order of correspondence.
- When your folder gets very busy, your file order almost tells a story! Like so!
Thank you for working through Action Accountant's client onboarding process, now let’s get started on your accounting!
“Behind every good business, there is a great accountant.”
― Action Accountant
Get in Touch for a FREE Consultation
Get in touch for more information and advice